Since 2011, Lha Charitable Trust has facilitated Clean Water Project (R.O System) to schools in both the Tibetan and local Indian community. The Clean Water Project aims not only to provide clean and purified water, but also to improve the overall health and nurturing of children in schools. Within these three years, with an expenditure of over 15 lakh rupees, we have successfully installed nine Clean Water Projects ensuring that around 4,000 people have access to clean drinking water. According to our survey report of September 2013 conducted in these schools, around 74% of the staff and students have said there has been consistent improvement in children's health. This positive report has encouraged us to continue with this project.
In 2014, we are planning to install five more water filters in different schools in Himachal Pradesh and Uttaranchal, India. The Clean Water Project includes a 500 liter stainless steel storage tank which acts as reserve water supply in the event of power cut or water shortage. The system is able to filter 100 liters of water per hour.
Schools in need of such water filtration R.O system may contact Lha office.
Requirements to apply for filter water systems for schools:
- The number of students in the school should be in between (300-500).
- Applicants should be from a registered school or institution.
- Applicants must send written information regarding the background of their school, the number of staff and students who would be using the system.
- Applicants should supply (in Tibetan or English) the reason why they are applying for water filter system.
- Schools should have a regular water supply and no water shortage problems.
If there are more than five applications, we will make the selection according to the need, conditions and requirements of the school.
Kindly submit applications before 25th April 2014 to Lha Charitable Trust office by post or email. Details are given below:
Address: Lha Office, Temple Road
McLoed Ganj, Dharamshala - 176219. Distt Kangra. HP India
For any queries- 01892-220992/ 9816689222
Read 3500 times